Make the most of President’s Day with your kids.
Here are a few ideas to help your kids acknowledge some of the value and the reasons for their “day off” and holiday weekend:
1. Acknowledge the great presidents of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and their February birthdays.
2. Identify (with your child) some of the accomplishments and challenges faced by Abe Lincoln and George Washington.
3. Talk about our founding fathers, the values they lived by, and how those values compare to those of our society today.
4. Identify some of the presidents you admire and their “mark” on history or our country.
5. Discuss the unique traits and characteristics of a president and whether your child or you would like to be President.
Tie some meaning into the holiday, enjoy, and make it a great day.