Grab your lunch and join me and fellow parents on May 1 at noon (EDT) for an enjoyable and engaging chat about getting kids to help around the house.
Got some ideas? Need some new ones? Wondering what is age-appropriate and how much you should expect them to do? Share your questions & your thoughts or just sit back and take it all in. It’s on Twitter. Not on Twitter? That’s ok. It’s easy (take it from me, the social media novice). I’ve attached a 3-minute video to give you all you need to know.
Once you’ve set up your quick and easy Twitter account, here’s how we’ll chat. We will:
– Go to twubs.com (this makes it easier to chat)
– Log into Twitter by clicking the box at the bottom (you may have to quickly download the App)
– Type in parentingtweens in the hashtag (#) box at the top
That’s it! You will have joined the chat. Sit back . . . watch . . . and jump in if and whenever you are ready! Simply type in what you want to say in the box and click Send; then wait for the next person to jump in. It’s fun, it’s engaging, it’s insightful!
I can’t emphasize how easy it is. Bring your thoughts, your questions, your ideas and leave with some new ones as we all learn from one another.
I hope you will join us on May 1! (noon, EDT)
p.s. And for those who are more experienced chatters:
– Other chat sites can also be used in the discussion. Tweetchat (www.tweetchat.com) can be used to track/participate in Twitter chats, but you may miss parts of the conversation, and Tweetchat appears to have some time delays.
– If you have an existing HootSuite accont, you can creat a new tab to track Twitter search results. If you are a user of TweetDeck, you can add a new column for the hashtag results and get desktop notifications of the new tweets.